Friday, August 5, 2011

Making progress

These days, I find myself in the middle of several projects. Some may say that it is not good to take on more than a single big project at once, and I would have to agree with them. But circumstances being what they are, I find myself both extremely busy and extremely idle. That may not make sense, but so it seems from my perspective.

Sometimes with projects that take many days, months, or years to complete, it is easy to lose heart in the middle. Much hard work, and many days may go by without any indication that progress is being made. That can wear thin on a person after awhile. Perhaps that is how I feel sometimes, occupied as I am with the current batch of things to do. No mile-markers makes judging progress difficult.

Yet a race that is run, even without mile-markers, still has a finish-line. One has to keep going in order to reach it. Projects that last a long time require many things, but one essential thing, I am learning, is diligence. One has to keep at it, if the project is ever to be finished. Step-by-step; piece-by-piece; things start to come together. A little time, patience, and thought can often go a long way.

So keep at it, and happy Friday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment