Friday, December 14, 2012

My greatest sympathies to those of Newtown, Connecticut

My greatest sympathies go out to the people of Newtown, Connecticut, who today experienced a tragedy for which words are inadequate to describe.

In the coming days we will know more I hope, establishing the facts--as we must--so that proper justice can be done; to those who perpetrated this unspeakable act, and to the greater issues involved.

What more can be said? I am without words friends, struck dumb by the moment and its weight. I hope we might put aside our differences for now, and give thought to those innocent, defenseless people in Newtown, Connecticut who today suffered grievously at the hands of some moved by the lesser angels of their nature.
Let us come together now, you and I and all the grieving of the world.
Stay strong, friends.

JC

No comments:

Post a Comment