Friday, April 12, 2013

A love poem

My thoughts am Freitag turn to you,
The Venus of my life, it's true.
Yet from a distance must I stand
Beyond the glimm'ring promised land.

Where is this promised land you ask?
To tell is not a tricky task.
Before your eyes I'd like to be,
And see you smiling happily.

And what a smile you can flash;
To my throat does my heart dash.
My thoughts go all to mush you see,
You make a stuttering fool of me.

Your eyes are warm, your face is fair,
With rounded cheeks and flowing hair.
And skin as smooth as milk and cream,
Or so from here it seems to me.

Yet by your side is not my place;
'Tis written sadly on your face.
I am a friend but nothing more,
Your path goes through a different door.

But Time is strange and changes much,
Someday--perhaps--our paths will merge as such.



No comments:

Post a Comment