Friday, August 15, 2014

Taking a trip

Hi guys. The day of departure is here; in about six hours I'll board a plane for Copenhagen (with a stop in Germany along the way). After a long and pleasant night sleep, I'm feeling in good spirits and excited to start.

The weather here is about as nice as one could hope in August, the morning cool and crisp and redolent of Autumn, with dew on the grass and a few wisps of cloud in the sky. Cycling to and from work has been a treat of late, as has our evening walks down to the park and back. For these and many other things I am very grateful.

Whilst riding yesterday afternoon I passed through a cascade of leaves coming down from a nearby tree. It reminded me of many pleasant runs on the perkiomen trail with my old cross country buddies in college, how we would make a game of catching the leaves before they reached the ground. With that image in mind, I reached up and snagged a crisp yellow one from the air--whether by luck or skill that I caught it, I will take it as a good omen for the trip.

Our itinerary for the trip is not firmly established, but at this point the main cities we'll be visiting are Copenhagen, Roskilde, and Aalborg. From the wikipedia entries they all seem like interesting places, and with luck I will have much to report when I return.

Well, that's about it. I'm looking forward to the trip, and the adventure it's bound to entail.  Farewell for now, and happy Friday :)

jc

No comments:

Post a Comment