Tuesday, January 6, 2015

A snowy day

It snowed for most of the day, though accumulations came in at no more than an inch or two (four or five centimeters) of fluffy, lustrous powder. By evening the clouds had begun to yield, and for a bit the sun shone though as it set. At this point I donned a woolly-cap, shoveling the driveway and sidewalk before heading out for a little jaunt around the neighborhood.

The evening was quite cold, but otherwise nice. The snow crunched underfoot as I walked, and where it lay undisturbed, glimmered in the light of the streetlamps with a thousand-thousand sparkles that reminded me of a piece of quartz. With steaming breath, I walked for a few kilometers before returning home for tea.

I enjoyed this first proper snow of the new year.

Happy Tuesday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment