Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sudden creation

The other day I sat on a bench at school because I wanted to think. It was a beautiful day, and after a while the sun began to set behind the trees. The dimming sunlight on the clouds was really beautiful, and I even took a photograph. At any rate, while I sitting there trying to think, I noticed a tree that several times before I thought was very interesting and beautiful. And before I knew what I was doing, I had pulled out a little notebook from the inner pocket of my jacket, and had begun to draw the tree.

I don't often draw things. It's a skill that is not well developed in me. But there I was, drawing something I found beautiful simply because it was there I was really interested. After I finished drawing the tree, I true a little Buddha-man sitting underneath it, just sitting around, a little like I was.

Now a few days removed from the event, I realize that I actually created something I like without even trying to. In a moment of simple thinking, something flowed from my hand to create something new. It's a cool feeling :).

No comments:

Post a Comment