Thursday, April 12, 2012

"The Blue Mountain" turns 1

Today marks the 1-year anniversary of "The Blue Mountain," a blog I started last April to explore ideas that interested me. A lot has changed in that time. For instance, at first the blog was titled die blauen Berg, an incorrect rendering of the German phrase "the blue mountain." The error was brought to my attention by my German TA, and subsequently corrected to der blaue Berg. Earlier this month, the name was changed again to its direct English rendering, "The Blue Mountain." A brief explanation as to why can be found here

Another change that's occurred involved my own situation, in that since the blog's beginning I've graduated college and gone about finding my way in the world. This transition has proved one of the most transformational (and difficult) I've yet experienced, and the road ahead remains unclear. It's also provided a trove of ideas and experience, which together have expanded the range of topics explored on the blog. I don't know what fruit if any this exercise will yield for others, but for myself it has served to highlight a little further everyday life's oddities, conundrums, and simple blessings from unexpected corners. This, I believe, is a good thing. Sharing the journey with others is likewise.

At any rate, I would like to thank everyone who's taken the time to read the blog, and provide such insight as they might have. It's been an amazing year, and perhaps the coming year will prove similar. Thank you again, and

Happy Tuesday, friends :).

P.S. In case you're curious, this was "The Blue Mountain's" first ever post.

If you enjoyed this post, feel free to share it with others. Many thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment