Friday, October 31, 2014

NaNo Eve

Hello friends,


It is an exciting night--yes, it's Halloween, but it's also the night before the National Novel Writing Month contest begins.


Starting tomorrow, I will attempt to write a 50,000-word novel in thirty days. As mentioned before this will not be my first attempt (we "lost" the first one), but it will be my first NaNo.


I feel good, and ready to get started. Over the last month, I've thought about the story I want to tell, given names to characters, and wondered about their personalities and problems. I have a beginning, middle, and end in mind, but am not certain of how they will fit together. In this respect, one might say I am following a hybrid approach between the "pantsters" (write by the seat of their pants) and the "planners" (write to a strictly formulated outline).


Throughout the month I will do my best to update the blog on the story's progress, and I hope you will follow along and offer such encouragement as you can. Despite my excitement and feeling of confidence, I expect I will need all the encouragement I can get.


Well, here goes!



No comments:

Post a Comment