Sunday, December 21, 2014

Holiday get-together

I had the good fortune this evening of hosting a bunch of friends for a holiday party, of whom most of them I haven't seen in a really long time. For dinner I cooked a stir-fry with steak, rice, onions, green-peppers, asparagus, carrots, and garlic, with a bit of pepper and parsley added for flavor. Silly me forgot to add the eggs as planned, the way I've seen them do it at the Japanese hibachi down the street, but on the whole I think the finished meal turned out quite tasty, and seemed to satisfy everyone who attended. 

Afterward we set out a fruit-bowl, made tea, and had some interesting conversation. I was reminded of how fortunate I am to have such a good group of friends for company. Most of us don't see one another often, but when we do it is fine treat, and as good a way as any to say farewell to autumn, and welcome the new winter that is come. 

Hope you're all having a nice weekend, friends, and Happy Saturday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment